The 4th LSE Africa Summit invites submissions of papers to be considered for presentation during the Annual Research Conference on the theme: “Built for Africa: African Solutions to African Issues?”, to be held in London on March 31, 2017.
The conference will bring together top-tier researchers from around the world and high-level policymakers to advance dialogue on Africa’s developmental issues. It is intended to improve the feedback loop between researchers who produce knowledge and policymakers who rely on policy relevant and timely evidence-based research to make decisions. The conference will be feature parallel sessions based on contributed papers and projected presentations. These will be complemented by debates and keynote speeches by renowned speakers from academia, government, and practitioners. The conference will conclude with a policy roundtable session focused on distilling core messages for a policy-focused audience.
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) will cover all economy class travel and accommodation costs for one author/presenter of a limited number of the papers selected for inclusion in the Research Conference.
In particular, but not exclusively, the organizers invite submissions (papers and presentations of projects) from all areas of work related to the following themes:
- Building a Secure Africa: Conflict, Terrorism, and the Responsibility to Protect (R2P)
- Reinventing Africa’s Educational Systems: New Frontiers in Structure and Delivery
- From the Streets to the Courts: Citizen-Led Accountability
- Inno-Native Design: Locally Contextualized Solutions
- Harnessing Africa’s Informal Sector
All submissions must focus on Africa and use data on individuals, households, firms, or other organizations. Papers authored by African scholars are particularly encouraged. The organizers plan to publish articles in peer-reviewed journals to ensure high standard of quality control and distribution to a wide audience as a collection of papers.
Instructions for Submissions
- Authors are invited to submit papers describing original, previously unpublished work, not currently under review by another conference, workshop, or a journal.
- An abstract should be up to 200 words, it should describe the rationale and aims of the paper, and some of its results. General descriptions of broad contexts should be avoided.
- The full contact details about the author(s) need to be provided. Abstracts can be written in English, French, Portuguese, or Arabic, should be written in the third person and not in the first or second one (e.g. I, me, or my paper).
- Submissions must include the paper’s title and a short biography that includes authors current position.
- Abstracts selected for the submission of full papers, must be within the word limit of 6000 and 8000 words
Abstracts, full papers, and enquiries should be submitted by email to [email protected].
Submission of abstracts: 31st December, 2016
Notification of selected abstracts: 7th January, 2017
Submission of full papers: 20th February, 2017
Notification of selected papers: 27th February 2017
For more information, visit Research Conference-LSE Africa Summit