BCFN YES! (Young Earth Solutions) is an international competition for young researchers from all over the world. It was first launched in 2012, with the aim of rewarding the best ideas about food and sustainability. The 2017 BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition invites young PhD and postdoc researchers from any background and nationality to submit a research project to improve the sustainability of the food system.
The objective of the research proposal is to make more sustainable one or more themes of the agri-food system, in terms of environmental, social, health and/or economic aspects. The BCFN wants to support studies that are innovative, have a promise of major impact, and can meet global research needs.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Sustainable and healthy diets;
- Urban food systems and policies;
- Resilient agriculture, land use change and agro-ecology;
- The nexus between climate change, energy and food;
- Sustainable water management;
- Food supply chains;
- Ecosystems and ecosystem services;
- Healthy lifestyles;
- Food waste reduction;
- Food policy development;
- Food security: availability, access, utilization, stability;
- Communication technologies and networks;
- Youth and women’s involvement in agriculture.
- The award is a €20,000 research grant applied to a one-year investigation. This year, a maximum of three teams will be awarded the Research Grant.
The 2017 BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition is designed for individual or multidisciplinary and cross-national research teams of a maximum of three components. The Competition encourages the participation of teams from different disciplines and countries who wish to combine their expertise in innovative approaches.
- Candidate should have completed or undergoing PhD programme, enrolled after January 1, 2011 (inclusive);
- Be at most 35 years old on December 31, 2017.
Download the competition documents.
Completed proposals must be submitted online through the BCFN web site by June 28, 2017 11:59 p.m. CET.
Deadline: June 28, 2017
Link for more information: BCFN YES! Research Grant Competition.