Abstracts are invited from final year African PhD students and young investigators for the UNESCO-Merck Africa Research Summit-MARS 2017. UNESCO-Merck Africa Research Summit-MARS aims to bring together researchers from across Africa to discuss the generation, sharing and dissemination of research data and to prepare for the road ahead in Africa’s development as an international hub for research excellence and scientific innovation. UNESCO-Merck Africa Research Summit-MARS 2017 will have scientific support from UNESCO (United Nations educational, scientific and cultural organization), African Union Scientific, Technical and Research Commission (AU-STRC), the University of Cambridge, UK, University of Rome and Merck.
The annual Summit aims to contribute to building research capacity in the African research community, with special focus on “The Role of Scientific Research in responding to Cancer and Vaccines Development-Two emerging challenge in Africa”. The Summit will also showcase innovative research taking place in projects, programs and initiatives across African universities, and by the wider African research community. The summit is a unique opportunity for Africa’s young and talented scientists to share their research output and findings with the top echelon of scientists from Africa and abroad. It is also an opportunity for networking and career development. The Summit will present a platform where young and female scientists will be able to discuss the enabling environment for better research among others.
Date: 28th – 29th November, 2017
Location: Port Louis, Mauritius
“The Role of Scientific Research in responding to Cancer and Vaccines Development-Two emerging challenge in Africa”.
- This conference is for final year African PhD students and young investigators working on Cancer related research and Vaccines development.
- Authors should be primarily based at African research institutes and Universities, although collaboration within Africa as well as outside is encouraged.
- All abstracts will be peer reviewed and 100 winners will be eligible for Sponsorship.
- First three winners will be eligible for further number of Research Awards.
- Further Research Award will be dedicated for Best African Women Researchers
Submission of abstract- September 30, 2017
Abstract of paper should be submitted to [email protected].
For further information, visit the official link