The Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication (INSTICC) are calling for abstracts and papers for the 8th International Conference on Smart Cities and Green ICT Systems (SMARTGREENS). The purpose of the 8th International Conference on Smart Cities and Green ICT Systems (SMARTGREENS) is to bring together researchers, designers, developers and practitioners interested in the advances and applications in the field of Smart Cities, Green Information and Communication Technologies, Sustainability, Energy Aware Systems and Technologies.
The conference will focus on solutions for all aspects of green computing such as energy efficiency, carbon footprint reduction and cooling management. The tradeoffs between energy efficiency and performance have become key challenges that must be addressed in both, distributed and traditional performance-oriented infrastructures. Particularly relevant is the so-called Smart Grid technology, seeking to optimize distributed electricity generation, especially from renewable sources, and to promote the use of smart devices (including smart home and new vehicular energy approaches) that require further research on distributed communications, energy storage and integrations of various sources of energy.
Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged. Papers describing original work are invited in any of the areas listed below. Accepted papers, presented at the conference by one of the authors, will be published in the Proceedings of SMARTGREENS. Acceptance will be based on quality, relevance and originality. Both full research reports and work-in-progress reports are welcome. There will be both oral and poster sessions.
- Energy-Aware Systems and Technologies
- Sustainable Computing and Systems
- Smart Cities and Smart Buildings
- Demos and Use-Cases
- Smart and Digital Services
Date: 3rd – 5th May, 2019
Location: Heraklion, Crete – Greece
The conference will have the following awards, which will be announced and bestowed at the conference closing session.
- Best Paper Award
- Best Student Paper Award
- Best Poster Award
- Best PhD Project Award
The author of an awarded paper, and co-authors if any, will be entitled to:
- A signed and stamped official award certificate;
- The announcement of their achievement on a special conference webpage;
- Having the paper included in the list of conference best papers and in the case of a best paper or a best student paper, it will be invited for an extended and revised version publication in a book or a journal, if a post-publication agreement is available for this particular conference;
- A one year free membership of INSTICC (http://www.insticc.org), warranting full access to the SCITEPRESS Digital Library. If already an INSTICC member, then this offer adds one year to her/his current membership.
- A voucher for a free or reduced registration fee in one event sponsored by INSTICC, valid during a 12 months period.
Early registrations are accepted until:
Conference Regular Papers: February 21, 2019
Conference Position Papers: March 14, 2019
Special Sessions: March 25, 2019
Doctoral Consortium: March 28, 2019
Non-Speakers: March 28, 2019
Late registrations are accepted until:
Non-Speakers: April 12, 2019
For further information on registration and conference fee, visit the official link