Nominations are now open for the Festival of Learning 2019 Award. The awards celebrate the many benefits learning can have for everyone, and recognise individuals, tutors, employers and projects who have used learning to change their lives and the lives of others.
Festival of Learning continues and builds on a 26-year history of Adult Learners’ Weeks. Its two core aims are to celebrate learning and engage more adults in learning. Festival of Learning Awards are a central part of this, showcasing the wide-ranging impacts learning has on individuals, families, communities and employers. There are four nomination categories:
- Individual learner: This category involves nominating individuals who, through learning, have transformed their own lives and the lives of their families, friends and the wider community.
- Tutor: This category involves nominating employers that have used learning to develop the skills of their workforce to improve productivity, raise morale and increase staff retention.
- Employer: This category is looking for tutors who have made a valuable contribution to adult learning, and whose dedication and passion to learning has helped their learners change their lives
- Project (includes projects, groups and learning provision): This category seeks innovative learning projects or provision that have had a positive impact on communities and that could be replicated or adapted by other learning providers.
Festival of Learning winners are selected for a range of awards across these four categories including:
- Outstanding Individual Learner award
- Young Adult Learner award
- Return to Learning award (sponsored by City Lit)
- Learning for Work award (sponsored by NOCN)
- Learning for Health award
- New Directions award (sponsored by Skills and Education Group)
- English Language Learning award
- Social Impact award (sponsored by The WEA)
- Tutor award (sponsored by Education and Training Foundation)
- Project award
- Employer award (sponsored by NOCN)
Selection of award winners – key dates
- All nominations must be submitted by Tuesday 12 February 2019 at 12:00 noon GMT.
- Shortlisted nominees will be announced in mid-March 2019.
- Winners will be selected by the end of March 2019.
- Winners and their nominators will be notified by 12 April 2019.
- Nominators of non-winners will be sent a Certificate of Achievement to present to their nominee in May 2019.
- Winners will be announced in June 2019.
The deadline for nominations is final and there will be no extensions provided.
For more information on this award, visit the official link