The Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research (FFAR) is accepting nominations for the 2019 New Innovator in Food and Agriculture Research Award. This award seeks to promote career advancement of highly creative and promising new scientists who intend to make a long-term career commitment to research in food and agriculture and bring innovative, ground-breaking research initiatives and thinking to bear on problems facing food and agriculture.
- Anticipated Award Duration: Up to 36 months
- FFAR will award each applicant up to $100,000 per year for up to three years with an additional $100,000 required cash match from non-federal sources for a total award of up to $600,000.
The New Innovator in Food and Agriculture Research Award is reserved for highly creative, promising scientists whose ground-breaking research has the potential to address major challenges facing food and agriculture.
- Eligible Institutions
- U.S. Institutions of Higher Education
- Public/state controlled institutions of higher education
- Private institutions of higher education
- U.S. Nonprofit Research Institutions other than Institutions of Higher Education
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
In keeping with FFAR goals to reach a diverse and broad range of institutions and individuals who participate in its programs, the following types of higher education institutions are encouraged to apply for FFAR programs:
- Hispanic-serving Institutions
- 1890s Land Grant Institutions and other Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Tribal Colleges and Universities
- Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian Serving Institutions
- Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institutions
Institutions may submit up to two nominees to the 2019 New Innovator Award program. To coordinate and streamline submission of nominations by each institution, FFAR recommends that the nomination(s) be submitted through the organization’s Office of Sponsored Programs or a similar central office
2. Eligible Individuals
- Faculty members at eligible institutions with the creative ideas, skills, knowledge, and resources necessary to carry out the proposed research program as Principal Investigator are invited to work with their institution to develop an application for support.
- The nominated faculty member must have been hired on or after August 1, 2015, for a tenure-track or equivalent position and may work in any discipline or any department within the institution.
- Preference will be given to individuals near the onset of their independent research career and who are within eight years of receiving a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
U.S. institutions of higher education, U.S. nonprofit institutions other than institutions of higher education, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture are invited to nominate up to two applicants for the 2019 New Innovator in Food and Agriculture Research Award.
Please note that nominations must be made by the nominee’s institution. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- The deadline for submitting nominations is February 28, 2019 at 3pm ET
- Nominees are invited to submit full proposals on March 11, 2019 at 12:00 pm ET
For more information visit the official link