Apply for a full-time 4-year position as a doctoral researcher at the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture at Ghent University.
The program is organized by the Department of Industrial Systems Engineering and Product Design at the UGent. The studentship is available for the candidates from outside Belgium and expected to move to Belgium for 4 years.
- In addition to the fully-funded scholarship, the university encourages candidates to prepare for graduation.
- It provides information about doctoral studies and taking a Ph.D. at UGent.
- It offers a helping hand with professional advice for candidates in finding their way in Belgium’s labor market.
- See more benefits here
- Eligible Countries: Students from outside Belgium
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD in the field of an engineering design
- Admissible Criteria: Students must have an MSc degree in Engineering Design, Industrial/Product Design, Engineering Technology, or equivalent, Very good knowledge of design thinking; design research, good research skills in both quantitative and qualitative research methods and good knowledge of statistical software, interest in design education and problem-based learning.
- Applicant must have a deep knowledge in technology-enhanced learning, experience in education, or degree in educational sciences is an asset and self-motivating, creative, critical and analytical mindset; capable of working in groups and participate in learning projects; capacity for autonomous, structured and in-depth research.
How to Apply
- To get involved in this program, you need to take admission in PhD degree coursework at the university. After being enrolled at the university, claimants can apply for the fund by submitting their application through email to [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Aspirants must have to provide a cover letter outlining background, experience, and motivation for this position, CV, the contact information of two academic supervisors, one design work that showcases design thinking, one written piece of work preferably most relevant to the research proposal.
- Students must have to meet the admission requirements for enrolling at the university.
- Candidates need to provide valid proof of the required language level of Dutch at level B2 for the program.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
To apply, visit the official site