Applications are open to scholars from all countries and citizenships who have recently completed or are nearing completion of a PhD or equivalent doctoral program in the social sciences or law for the Harvard Academy Scholars Program. The program seeks scholars with a command of the language and history or culture of countries or regions outside of the United States or Canada.
- Postdoctoral Academy Scholars will receive an annual stipend of $70,000.
- If selected before earning the PhD, the Scholar will receive an annual stipend of $31,000 until awarded the PhD.
- This stipend is supplemented by funding for conference and research travel, research assistants, and health insurance coverage. Some teaching is permitted but not required.
- Academy Scholars are expected to reside in the Cambridge/Boston area for the duration of their appointments
- Must have recently completed or currently enrolled in a PhD or equivalent doctoral program in the social sciences or law.
- Must be available to travel for a personal interview scheduled for December 4, 2019.
- Those still pursuing a PhD or equivalent degree, should have completed their routine training and field research, and be well along in the writing of their theses before applying
- The Harvard Academy will arrange and pay for travel and hotel accommodations for the finalists to interview in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
- A complete application will include:
- Cover letter which succinctly states the applicant’s academic field, country or region of specialization, and proposed research topic
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or resumé; including list of publications
- Research proposal (2500 word maximum); including intellectual objectives and planned methodological and disciplinary work
- A copy of your PhD program transcript
- Three letters of recommendation (uploaded through the online application)
- Letters should be addressed to the “Selection Committee.”
- Letters of recommendation need to be uploaded by the deadline of October 1 2019.
- All parts of the application, including the three letters of recommendation, are submitted online as pdf documents.
Application deadline: October 1, 2019
To apply, Click here