Applications are currently welcome from Young Scientists all over the world for the 2022 Allianz Climate Global Risk Award.
Allianz Climate Risk Award acknowledges and rewards young scientists whose works shed light on the nexus between climate change and the extreme weather events that threaten millions of livelihoods and present ways these populations could be better protected. It targets PhD candidates and Post-Doctoral researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change;
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions.
For the Allianz Climate Global Risk Award:
- Ten candidates are shortlisted by a jury and their work is published in a Compendium.
- Four candidates will be invited to Munich, Germany, to present their research at the awards ceremony (all-expense paid).
- In addition, all four finalists received cash prizes, ranging from EUR2,000 to EUR7,000 to support their research.
- Applications are welcome from applicants all over the world
- University students currently pursuing either a PhD degree or a post-doc, as well as recent PhD graduates or recent post-doc graduates, are welcome to apply.
The key selection criteria for the Allianz Climate Global Risk Award are:
- Innovation: The Research project will concentrate on a compelling approach to assessing the risks of natural catastrophes and how new technologies can help mitigate these risks and foster resilient societies
- Impact: A research project can make a difference in the current insurance practice and/or advance current practices around societal resilience
- Applicability: The research project should address a relevant problem and ideally connect to a practical solution
- Academic excellence: Sound research approach and methodology
To submit applications, applicants are to send the filled out and signed forms to the link below as well as the required supporting documents which include
- a brief and non-technical essay that outlines the current research idea and central findings. ((max. 800 words),
- Curriculum Vitae, and
- letter of recommendation from the candidate’s academic mentor
To apply for the
To apply for the Allianz Climate Global Risk Award, click here.
, click here.
Deadline: September 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.
Allianz Climate Risk Award, International award