Goldsmiths is glad to announce the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM for the 2022/23 academic year.
This year, with the support of the British Council, Goldsmiths is offering fully-fund scholarships for female students studying on an eligible programme from one of the countries in the Eligibility section.
The Scholarship aims to help address the under-representation of women in STEM. Applicants will be required to demonstrate how studying on one of the selected Goldsmiths programmes will support their future career advancement and/or capacity-building and socio-economic advancement of their country. They will also be required to demonstrate their financial need and how they would support and inspire future generations of women to pursue a career in STEM fields.
Each scholarship covers;
- full tuition fees,
- a monthly stipend for a year and
- a return flights,
- the IELTS exam fee,
- visa application, and
- National Housing Scheme surcharge.
To be eligible for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM, the applicant must:
- Be a passport holder and permanent resident of Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Be a woman.
- Have received and accepted an offer to study for one of the eligible programmes.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable him/her to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university partner by the time of application submission.
- Meet the English language requirement.
- Have not previously studied at degree level or higher in the UK or lived recently in the UK.
- Demonstrate case for financial support.
Note: Applicant must have applied to an eligible programme at Goldsmiths, University of London before applying for the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: April 1, 2022.
For more information on the British Council Scholarships for Women in STEM, visit the official site.