Applications are welcome from graduate students to the 2022 International Fellowship Program by Google.
Google PhD Fellowship students are a select group recognized by Google researchers and their institutions as some of the most promising young academics in the world. Research proposals are evaluated for innovative concepts that are relevant to Google’s research areas, as well as aspects of robustness and potential impact to the field.
As such, the Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neural and Cognitive Sciences
- Health Research
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Recommender Systems
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
Duration: Up to 4 year Fellowship
- US $30-50K to cover stipend and other research related activities, such as travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mentor
To qualify for the 2022 International Fellowship Program for PhD Students by Google;
- Applications are open to students in computer science (or an adjacent field) from any
- Applicants should come from an African or Indian university, or from any university in an eligible Southeast Asian country (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam).
- Full-time graduate students pursuing a PhD and enrolled in an African, Indian or Southeast Asian institution.
- Undergraduate or Master’s students and professionals may apply.
- Undergraduate and Master’s student applicants must be full-time students at an African, Indian, or Southeast Asian university.
- Professionals must be employed/affiliated with an organization registered in Africa, India, or Southeast Asia.
- The awardee must also complete the PhD admission process of the respective institute/university where they wish to register for a PhD.
- Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
Proposals for the 2022 International Fellowship Program for PhD Students by Google, should include the direction and any plans of where your work is going in addition to a comprehensive description of the research you are pursuing.
- research impact,
- student academic achievements, and
- leadership potential.
Students will need the following documents in order to complete an application (in English only):
- Student applicant’s resume with links to website and publications (if available)
- Available transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelor’s degree to date
- Research proposal (maximum 3 pages, excluding references)
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s work (at least one from the thesis advisor for current PhD students)
- Short (one-page) resume of the student’s PhD program advisor.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: April 27, 2022.
For more information on the 2022 International Fellowship Program for PhD Students by Google, visit the official site.