The Science Foundation of Ireland (SFI) invites applications from International Students for its 2022 Postgraduate Scholarship in Machine Learning.
The Science Foundation Ireland Centre for Research Training in Machine Learning is designed to address the urgent industry demand for ML talent. The centre trains academically outstanding, industry-ready PhD graduates in tightly connected cohorts. These graduates will be future leaders managing the disruption that ML is causing across industry and society, and will strengthen the reputation of Ireland as a global hub for ML education, research, and application.
ML-Labs delivers an ambitious programme of study that allows students to develop the deep research and technical expertise required for an internationally excellent PhD, alongside the transferable skills and industry experience to make them attractive industry-ready hires. The programme builds upon the excellent structures and activities that already exist within the three host institutions, and adds innovative aspects specifically tailored to the goals of ML-Labs.
Duration: 4 years
The Science Foundation of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship covers:
- A tax-free stipend of €18,500 per year for four years,
- Full coverage of tuition fees,
- Funds for conference travel, and
- An ample equipment allowance.
Students will also have the opportunity to earn an extra income within their host institution through teaching activities.
The following are requirements to be eligible for the Science Foundation of Ireland (SFI) Postgraduate Scholarship in Machine Learning:
- 2.1 grade (or equivalent) in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, maths, engineering, science, or similar technical discipline.
- Strong programming ability.
- Non-native English speakers require at least IELTS 6.5 (with at least 6 in all components) or equivalent.
- Machine learning experience is desirable but not mandatory.
- Experience working on the societal impact of technology is desirable, but not mandatory.
However, the centre is committed to diversity in its named supervisor group and its student body and so applications from international students and from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged.
The applications will be evaluated through a three-stage selection process:
- Application form
- Assessment task
To apply for the Science Foundation of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, click here.
Deadline: February 04, 2022.
For more information Science Foundation of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, visit the official site.