Application is currently ongoing for the 2023 ACS-COSECSA Scholarship to Support Women in Surgical Residency.
This scholarship is supported by a generous donation from Pon Satitpunwaycha, MD, FACS, the American College of Surgeons Foundation, and the Hellman Grant through the Association of Women Surgeons Foundation.
Current data indicate that there are only 0.5 surgeons for every 100,000 people. Although women comprise more than 50 percent of the population, they represent only 7 percent of the surgical workforce.
To help address this problem, the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the College of Surgeons of East, Central, and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have developed a scholarship program to support women in surgical residency, help them complete their training, and encourage other women in medicine to consider surgery as a profession.
The ACS-COSECSA Scholarship is worth $500 each.
- The program is open to junior female surgical trainees enrolling in the COSECSA surgical fellowship program
- The usage of this award is to register for the fellowship program
- The COSECSA secretariat will administer the scholarship
Applicants for the 2023 ACS-COSECSA Scholarship to Support Women in Surgical Residency should include a;
- personal statement indicating future goals,
- current curriculum vitae, and
- letter of support from their surgical training program director.
To apply click here.
Deadline: February 15, 2023.
For more information about the 2023 ACS-COSECSA Scholarship to Support Women in Surgical Residency, visit the official site.