African Institute of Mathematical Science (AIMS) calls for applications for the 2023 AIMS Structured Master’s Program in Mathematical Sciences.
The AIMS Structured Master’s Program runs over three semesters. The requisite skills phase of the AIMS course builds a standard core set of problem-solving skills: estimation, computation, approximation, modeling, data analysis, and statistics. The elective review phase allows students to apply these skills in some of the most exciting areas of science.
However, the successful candidates will benefit from
- Renowned lecturers from Africa and worldwide, supported by a team of resident tutors.
- Students and lecturers live on campus to encourage a 24-hour learning environment.
- Group work and highly interactive learning setting.
- Emphasis on programming and Data Science with 24/7 access to computer labs and high-speed internet.
- A diverse student body from across Africa.
- Candidates are highly employable and quickly join higher learning institutions upon graduation
The AIMS Structured Master’s Program will award full or partial scholarships to all accepted students.
- The scholarship open to all African Countries
- Applicants must hold or expect to obtain by the date of commencement of AIMS training a 4-year university degree in mathematics or any other science/engineering discipline with a significant mathematics component.
- Candidate records must demonstrate strong mathematics, leadership, and community service skills.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Criteria for the Evaluation
- Academic excellence
- Personal growth: Assessing the contribution the proposed field of study would have on the applicant’s continued academic and professional development and/or its potential for impact in the local context.
- Financial need
To apply for the 2023 AIMS Structured Master’s Program in Mathematical Sciences, click here.
Deadline: March 31, 2023
For more information, visit the official site.