Applications are currently open for the 2023 F5 STEM Education Grants for Women and Girls of Color a crucial step towards empowering women and girls of color to chart their own paths and make an indelible mark in the world of STEM.
Historically, women and girls of color have faced systemic barriers that hinder their participation in STEM disciplines. This lack of representation not only denies them opportunities for personal growth and development but also deprives the world of their innovative contributions. The F5 STEM Education Grants for 2023 aim to address this issue by providing much-needed resources and support to aspiring women and girls of color who are eager to make their mark in STEM.
Building a diverse and inclusive future requires removing obstacles and strengthening underrepresented groups in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The 2023 F5 STEM Education Grants for Women and Girls of Colour have been announced, which is a key step towards this objective. This innovative programme seeks to give brilliant people support and opportunity, developing their love of STEM and motivating them to pursue meaningful careers in these subjects.
- F5 will cover the cost of the EER fees
- Grant amount is a one-time $50,000 USD grant
- There are no reporting requirements for this grant
- Grant funding is unrestricted
The following applies for the F5 STEM Education Grants for Women and Girls of Color
- All countries are eligible to apply.
- Nonprofit organization must be in operation as a legally registered charitable organization defined by the country in which they operate or fiscally sponsored by a legally registered charitable organization for at least 3 years.
- Nonprofit’s primary focus must be on increasing access, capacity building, career development, or other related work with the goal of increasing the representation of women of color in STEM education, especially the technology sector.
- Those served through the grant funding must be majority (>50%) women of color and/or girls of color.
- Organizations must have an operational website. Please note social media does not meet this website requirement.
- For nonprofits based outside of the United States, an Enhanced Expenditure Responsibility (EER) process will be conducted by F5’s international grantmaking partner, CAF America.
- Organizations that have written policies that actively discriminate against one’s sexual orientation or gender identity are not eligible to receive a grant.
- All grant applications must be submitted electronically.
- The application must be completed in English.
To apply for 2023 F5 STEM Education Grants for Women and Girls of Color, click here
Deadline: August 18, 2023.
For more information on 2023 F5 STEM Education Grants for Women and Girls of Color, visit the official site.