The Google International PhD fellowship application window is now open for the 2023/2024 academic year.
Google International PhD fellowship directly support graduate students as they pursue their PhD, as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor.
Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top priority at Google. The Google PhD Fellowship Program was created to recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional and innovative research in areas relevant to computer science and related fields. Fellowships support promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology. Google’s mission is to foster inclusive research communities and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply. they currently offer Fellowships in Africa, Australia, Canada, East Asia, Europe, India, Latin America, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, and the United States.
The fellowship includes:
- Up to 3-year Fellowship
- US $30K to cover stipend and other research-related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Google Research Mentor.
- Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD program for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of thei household are not eligible.
- Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible. Government or non-profit organization funding is exempt.
- Past awardees from Australia and New Zealand, East Asia, India, and Southeast Asia PhD Fellowship programs are not eligible to apply again.
Applications will e evaluated on the strength of the;
- research proposal,
- research impact,
- student academic achievements, and
- leadership potential
Students will need the following documents in a single, flat (not portfolio) PDF file in order to complete an application (in English only):
- Student applicant’s resume with links to website and publications (if available)
- Short (one-page) resume/CV of the student applicant’s primary PhD program advisor
- Available transcripts (mark sheets) starting from first year/semester of Bachelor’s degree to date
- Research proposal (maximum 3 pages, excluding references)
- 2-3 letters of recommendation from those familiar with the applicant’s work (at least one from the thesis advisor for current PhD students)
Deadline: May 11, 2023.
For more information on 2023 Google International PhD fellowship program, visit the official site.