The African Academic of Science (AAS) Affiliates Program is looking for early and mid-career scientists who have excelled in their scientific development and application in Africa.
These individuals become ‘Affiliates of the AAS’ for a five-year period, during which time they receive individualized professional development support and become part of a larger community of African science leaders.
What are the benefits of becoming an Affiliate?
- The candidate will be recognized as an “Affiliate of the AAS” for his/her scientific achievement.
- During the five-year period, they will be enrolled in the AAS Mentorship Scheme;
- will become a member of a platform for regional and worldwide networking and collaboration among early and mid-career researchers;
- However, grant writing, publishing, science communication, ethical conduct of research, intellectual property issues, collaborative research, scientific entrepreneurship, and other career development activities will be beneficial.
The eligibility criteria to becoming affiliates are as follows:
- Applicant must be an African national;
- They must have obtained their Ph.D. in the last ten years;
- Must have substantial postdoctoral research experience;
- Must be residing in or affiliated with an African higher education or research institution;
- Be 40 years and below by the 31st December of that year;
- Female candidates and candidates from under-represented disciplines and countries are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply for the AAS Affiliates for Early and Mid-career Scientists, click here
Deadline: July 23, 2021.
For more information about AAS Affiliates, visit the official site .