Application is currently ongoing for the American Association of University Women (AAUW) International Fellowship program 2022.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) International Fellowship program provides support for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents, and who intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career. A limited number of awards are available for study outside of the U.S. (excluding the applicant’s home country) to women who are members of Graduate Women International. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited U.S. institutions are supported.
Master’s/first professional degree: $18,000
To be eligible for an International Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a nonimmigrant visa if residing in the U.S.
- Women who are currently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen with the U.S. and another country are not eligible.
- Intend to return to their home country to pursue a professional career and upon completion of their studies.
- Hold an academic degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree completed by November 15, 2021.
- Intend to devote themself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year.
- Be proficient in English
Interested applicants are to provide the following documents:
- Three recommendations from professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with them, their work, and their academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits.
- Transcripts from the college or university where the highest degree (not a certificate) was obtained.
- Transcripts must include a list of courses taken and grades received.
- Proof of English proficiency.
To apply for the American Association of University Women (AAUW) international fellowship, click here
Deadline: November 15, 2021.
For more information on the American Association of University Women (AAUW), visit the official site.