The Department of Biomolecular Health Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine seeks an Academic grant writer for cancer research at Utrecht University in the Netherlands.
In this position as Grant Writer, the candidate will work in the Department of Biomolecular Health Sciences at the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. As grant writers, they are involved in all stages of grant writing, including idea formation, match-to-call checks identifying collaboration partners, writing & editing, and post-award project management. The grant proposals will include personal fellowships, project grants, and consortium grants.
In addition, they will work together with the research support office to identify relevant research funding opportunities and are actively engaged in expanding and maintaining the group’s professional network. These research projects are aimed at understanding tumor cell biology, energy metabolism, DNA repair mechanisms, and drug resistance in human and veterinary cancers.
The Academic grant writer for cancer research positions include
- The monthly salary lies between a minimum €3,821 and maximum of €5,230 gross for a full time employment
- Superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources
- Excellent health care benefits
- Partly paid parental leave and flexible employment conditions
They seek an enthusiastic and creative team player who knows what it takes to do excellent research and who enjoys facilitating this. Therefore he/she:
- Should hold a PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences, Biology, or related field;
- have proven experience with grant writing, preferably work experience as writer/grant developer/consultant/research
- preferably have affinity with cancer research;
- have excellent English presenting and writing skills;
- are familiar with European research funding systems and programs (e.g. Horizon Europe; NWO);
- are a team player who is enthusiastic to support other researchers;
- are a great networker.
All applications should include
- Curriculum Vitae, and
- letter of motivation.
To apply for an Academic grant writer for cancer research, click here.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2022
For more information, visit the official site.