The division Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) at TU Delft is looking for ambitious economists who are eager to work on and establish an academic career path in a vibrant academic community.
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) is becoming increasingly relevant in a global study on technology and innovation economics and management. The ETI section’s study spans a wide range of topics, from investigating the economics of innovation processes in organizations to technology development in socio-technical systems and empirical analyses of macro-level innovation performance.
Successful candidates will conduct academic research and work as part of a research team in economics applied to technology systems and infrastructures such as energy, health, water management, artificial intelligence, and/or robotization.
Starting date: March 1, 2022.
Duration: 6 years
The section Economics of Technology and Innovation (ETI) offers positions for economists at the level of assistant professor (Tenure Track) and/or associate professor.
The department seeks ambitious academic economists that are expected to:
- Perform and publish research in high quality academic journals
- Contribute to a research team in the field of economics with an application to technological systems and infrastructures
- Acquire externally funded research projects
- Teach Master and Bachelor courses on economics
- Supervise BSc-, MSc- and PhD students
- Perform management tasks in the section ETI
The position offers
- Fulltime, salary scale 11-12: €3.746,– to € 5.826,– per month gross (assistant professor position)
- Salary scale 13-14: € 5.190,– to € 6.940,– per month gross (associate professor position)
- For international applicants the school offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist with their relocation. An International Children’s Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
The candidate should have:
- A PhD degree in economics
- Track record in academic research demonstrated by publications in international academic journals (required for associate professorship applicants, favourable for Tenure Track position applicants)
- Demonstrated experience with academic teaching in economics
- Demonstrated affinity with quantitative and/or relevant qualitative empirical methods in mainstream or institutional economics
- Interest in functioning and development of technological systems and infrastructures, from an economic and governance perspective
- Demonstrated involvement in acquiring externally funded research projects
- Willingness to work in teams and in a multidisciplinary environment, with engineers and scholars in social sciences and humanities.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
Interested applicants are to send the following documents for the application.
- An application/motivation letter (2 pages max.)
- A complete curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- A research and teaching statement with a maximum of 1 page each
- Name and contact details of three references
To apply for this position, click here.
Application Deadline: October 03, 2021
For more information, visit the official site.