The Junior Research Group (JRG) “Politics of the Unknown “of the “Africa Multiple” Cluster of Excellence ACCs at the University of Bayreuth is looking for a Student Assistant.
The new ACCs serve as nodes for joint research initiatives and networks within the cluster. To the first call for expressions of interest in May 2018, 55 African universities and research institutes responded by sending letters of intent and first sketches of ideas for future collaboration.
However, applications will be read regardless of the sender’s country of origin, religion, gender, identity, or disability. Gender and diversity applications from group members are strongly welcomed.
- Transcribing interviews and focus group discussions (in French)
- Supporting the JRG members with administrative tasks (mostly university-related, but potentially also support in bureaucratic concerns for the two foreign PhD students settling in Bayreuth)
- Communication with external scientists and artists within and outside the research project
- Research activities in the fields of conspiracy theories, political sociology, African studies, biographical social research, Mixed Methods
- Support in the organization and implementation of events (e.g. block seminar, workshops)
- Identifies the need for, helps write, and reviews Standard Operating Procedures to assure quality of research.
- Represents the Department on committees, task forces, and audits.
- Stays current on relevant research and statistical methodologies and database development via statistical or database training, self-study, internal training and courses, external conferences and courses, for example.
The ACCs position offers
- An interdisciplinary environment in an exciting research project
- Opportunities to contribute to the content of the project and to gain initial experience in transdisciplinary research
- Very good knowledge of French and English
- Experience in transcription and social science methodology
- Communicative competence, open-mindedness and quick comprehension skills
- Independence, initiative, confident appearance and ability to work in a team
- Experience in project management and good computer skills
- Curiosity about the theme of the Junior Research Group and interest in a long-term collaboration
Interested applicants for the ACCs students assistance are to send their applications (including CV and letter of motivation, summarized in one PDF file) exclusively by e-mail and with the possible start date of the employment relationship under the subject “HSK JRG Politics of the Unknown”
Application Deadline: January 07, 2022.
For more information on ACCs Calls for Applications, visit the official site.