Applications are open to the Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) new Early Career Researcher (ECR) Training Grants 2021.
The ACU grants are available to fund staff at ACU member universities to organize and deliver training for their early career researchers, including Doctoral candidates.
The training will equip researchers with essential skills to enable them to succeed in their careers, whether they remain in academia or utilize their skills in other professional fields.
The maximum grant available is GBP 1000.
Research offices staff at ACU member universities, or any other staff member who leads on providing training for early career researchers, can apply.
Skills which are in the scope of the training are:
- presentation skills
- time management
- public engagement and communicating with non-academic audiences
- media training
- social media
- relationship/stakeholder management
- grant writing
- career training, including doctoral careers outside higher education
As part of the application form, applicant institutions must:
- Describe the focus and goals of the training to be delivered
- State the target audience and the number of people who will benefit, including whether any training will be accessible by other ACU members
- Give details of the training provider
- Describe the training format and platforms to be used – if the format is to be an in-person event, applicants must also provide plans for a virtual alternative, and successful applicants who have applied for funding to deliver an in-person event will be required to provide evidence of a COVID-19 safety assessment before the funding is paid.
- Provide a time plan. The training must take place within the period of February to July 2021.
- State the planned outcomes
To apply, click here
Deadline: November 23, 2020
For more information and application, visit the official site.