Applications are open for the second round of the Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) Early Career Researcher (ECR) Training Grants.
The grants are available to fund staff at the Association of Commonwealth University (ACU) member universities to organize and deliver training for their early career researchers, including doctoral candidates. The ECRT will equip researchers with essential skills to enable them to succeed in their careers, whether they remain in academia or utilize their skills in other professional fields.
Skills which are in the scope of the training include:
- Presentation skills
- Time management
- Public engagement and communicating with non-academic audiences
- Social media
- Relationship/stakeholder management
- Grant writing
- Research data management
The grant available is GBP 1,000.
- Research offices staff at ACU member universities, or any other staff member who leads on providing training for early career researchers, can apply.
- Universities can use their internal criteria of what defines an ECR, but this must include doctoral candidates, and
- The training must be available to ECRs from multiple disciplines.
As part of the application form, applicant institutions must:
- Describe the focus, goals and content of the training.
- State the target audience and the number of people who will benefit, including whether any training will be accessible to other ACU members
- Give detailed information about the trainer
- Describe the format and platforms they intend to use – if the training is planned to be delivered in-person, applicants must also provide plans for a virtual alternative.
- Provide a detailed time plan, including preparation time and how much time is to be dedicated to each activity.
- The training must take place within the period of February to July 2022.
- List the outputs – one output must be shareable with other ACU members
- List the costs for which funding is to be claimed, these can include materials, trainer fees, staff time and data costs.
- Provide a letter of support from the institution’s Executive Head or another appropriate senior university leader that demonstrates buy-in from your university and how the university will support the training.
To apply, click here
Deadline: November 08, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.