The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) invites applications for its 2023–24 PhD Scholarships for Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan Africans.
The Consortium’s mandate and strategic intent are built on the basis that sustained development in sub-Saharan Africa requires well-trained, locally based professional economists. AERC agitates for the provision of capacity building in economic policy in Francophone and Anglophone African countries through the provision of support in the areas of policy research and graduate training.
AERC wishes to announce the 2023/2024 Ph.D. scholarships for applicants from Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan African countries admitted into any of the following AERC Collaborative PhD Programme (CPP) in Economics degree-awarding universities:
● University of Cape Town, South Africa
● University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
● University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
● University of Nairobi, Kenya
● University of Ibadan, Nigeria
● University of Benin, Nigeria
● University of Yaoundé II, Cameroon
● University of Abomey-Calavi, Benin
● Félix Houphouet-Boigny University, Côte d’Ivoire
To qualify for the AERC 2023/24 PhD Scholarships for Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan Africans, an applicant must:
- Have applied and been admitted to any one of the listed CPP universities;
- Have attained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper Division) or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related field from an accredited university;
- Evidence of engagement in economic management, research and/or training in the public sector will be an added advantage;
- Have a Masters degree (with coursework and thesis component) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, or related fields from a recognized University;
- Possession of at least 1 relevant publication in a refereed journal will be an added advantage; and
- Female and applicants from post-conflict and fragile states (especially the AERC PhD Bridge Programme alumni class of 2017 and 2018) are encouraged to apply.
All applicants must submit the following documents:
- Application cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Evidence of admission at any of the universities listed above; and
- Certified copies of transcripts and certificates.
For detailed information on AERC 2023/24 PhD Scholarships for Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan Africans, click here.
Deadline: October 15, 2023.
For more information on AERC 2023/24 PhD Scholarships for Francophone and Anglophone sub-Saharan Africans, visit the official site.