The 2023 Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Program is now accepting applications for its Research Sabbatical Programme opportunities.
The Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Programme offers individuals from academic or research institutions the opportunity to undertake relevant research contributing to the Bank’s intellectual leadership in the fulfilment of its mandate.
The Bank is interested in research activities along the following key themes:
- Intra-African Trade & AfCFTA Implementation
- Industrialization and Export Development
- Trade Finance Leadership
- Financial Sustainability
Starting Date: September 2023
- The bank Research Sabbatical Programme is open primarily to senior lecturers / senior researchers from recognized Universities, research institutions or similar organizations.
- The program is highly competitive and entry shall be based on merit.
- Applications are open to nationals of African countries and Caribbean Community countries.
- The Bank seeks excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other official languages will be an added advantage (French, Arabic, or Portuguese).
- The Bank is seeking professionals who are interested in conducting research in the areas of intra-African trade and investments, including Intra-African Trade & AfCFTA Implementation, Africa’s industrialization & export development, trade finance leadership, financial sustainability and/or any other areas that are relevant to the Bank’s mandate.
- Ready to commit to the Bank for a period of one (1) calendar year on a non-renewable basis.
Interested applicants should complete an online application form on the Bank’s website and submit it electronically along with:
- Current CV and cover letter
- A defined plan of research activities with specific research outcomes, deliverables, timelines, and supporting material that underpins the likelihood of achieving those outcomes and deliverables.
- Recommendation letter from present employer, confirming that the candidate’s job will still be available at the end of the sabbatical.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates.
- Short statement of intent (maximum of one A4 page) indicating why they should be considered for the programme
To apply for the Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Programme 2023, click here
Deadline: June 15, 2023.
For more information on Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Programme 2023, visit the official site.