Applications are currently open for the 2022-23 Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships.
The AIG Scholarships provide a unique opportunity for exceptional West Africans interested in a career in public service to pursue a Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford.
AIG Scholars spend the year at one of the world’s top universities, gaining knowledge and skills from the outstanding academic faculty and expert practitioners and interacting with other future public sector leaders from around the world. After completing their degrees, scholars return to their countries and use their learnings to bolster policymaking, support reforms, and contribute to their nation’s development.
However, from 2022, the AIG Scholarships will only be open to applicants already working in the public sector. Applicants should be between the ages of 25 and 50, with strong intellectual capacity, demonstratable leadership qualities, and a passion to contribute to the development of Africa’s public sector.
The AIG scholarships worth over £50,000 will be awarded each to future public sector leaders who have demonstrated a passion for the public sector.
To be eligible for consideration for the award of 2022-23 AIG Scholarships, the applicant must:
- Be a Nigeriancurrently working in the public service
- Aged between 25 and 50 years
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years of work experience
- Have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of second-class upper qualification
- Gain admission into the Blavatnik School of Governmentfollowing success in the AIG shortlisting process
- Academic distinction and leadership potential are essential priorities for selection for the AIG schoarships.
- Only applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process will be contacted, and any inquiries regarding individual application status will not be responded to.
- All applicants are to submit their applications via the online application portal using the link below.
To apply for Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2022-23, click here.
Deadline: October 10, 2021.
For more information on the AIG Scholarships, visit the official site.