Applications are currently ongoing for the 2023–2025 AFRIKA KOMMT Fellowship Program for young, extraordinary African professionals who wish to expand the horizons of their skills, knowledge, and experience in Germany.
AFRIKA KOMMT! is a fellowship programme that connects visionary African professionals and leading German companies. Together they pave the way for global inclusive business and mutually beneficial cooperation.
The programme provides an unparalleled opportunity to young, talented African professionals for a one year career and life transformational experience.
As a participant of AFRIKA KOMMT! candidate will:
- Refine your leadership and management competence
- Access networks and opportunities for career acceleration
- Improve your intercultural competence
- Broaden your perspective and stir up innovation
- Achieve personal growth
Through a one-year fellowship, AFRIKA KOMMT! equips young professionals with the skills, exposure, and inspiration they need to become the next generation of African leaders. AFRIKA KOMMT! is a practice-oriented fellowship program.
The candidate will receive two certificates: One official certificate upon successful completion of the program with a detailed description of the specific contents and components of the training and a certificate by the Academy for International Cooperation of GIZ GmbH upon successful completion of the professional training in the tool “International Competence Development Journal”.
The AFRIKA KOMMT Fully Funded Fellowship for Young Africans provide;
- An individual German language course before departure to Germany
- An intensive German language course in Germany including fees, accommodation and living allowance
- Visa for Germany for one year
- Roundtrip airfare from your home town to Germany and back
- Travel to refresher course and back
- Programme-related travelling expenses in Germany
- Monthly living allowance of € 750,- (month 1-3, month 12)
- Monthly salary during the internship in the companies of approx. € 1.500,- gross
- One-off relocation fee of € 1.000,- for settling back into your home country
- Accommodation during all stages of the programme in Germany (including internet allowance, electricity, water and other charges)
- Health insurance during month 1-3 and month 12
- Accident and liability insurance
To apply for the AFRIKA KOMMT Fully Funded Fellowship for Young Africans in Germany candidate must:
- Be a Citizen of any African country
- Have a University degree in a relevant subject
- Postgraduate degree (e.g. MBA) is an advantage
- Have two to five years work experience
- Have excellent English language skills
- Basic knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Not be older than 35 years at the time of application
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High willingness to learn German
- High leadership potential
- Strong self-motivation and self-starter mentality
- High level of dedication, commitment and target-orientation
- Strong capacity for teamwork
To apply for the AFRIKA KOMMT Fully Funded Fellowship for Young Africans in Germany, click here.
Deadline: March 26, 2023.
For more information on AFRIKA KOMMT Fully Funded Fellowship for Young Africans in Germany, visit the official site.