The African Water Association AfWA is awarding research scholarships to African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals (Master and Engineering, students in their final training).
As part of its capacity-building program for African stakeholders in the water, sanitation, and hygiene sectors (AfriCap), funded by USAID, the African Water Association is awarding research scholarships to African young water and sanitation professionals. Target beneficiaries are master’s students and engineers in the final year of their training. Each scholarship, with a maximum value of (one thousand US dollars), will make it possible to carry out research sanctioned by a scientific report on a theme related to the WASH sector.
The following are themes for this scholarship program for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Approaches to reducing Non-Revenue Water in water utilities
- Improved Water Quality Control
- Water services in low-income urban areas
- Improvement of urban and peri-urban sanitation
- ICT use (Digitalization) in water and sanitation services
- Water resources management
- Water, sanitation, and gender.
The AfWA Research Scholarships cover a maximum value of USD 1,000.
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country eligible for USAID funding.
- Be in good standing academically with respect to their institution.
To apply for the AfWA Research Scholarships, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
Submit an application file including:
- Student card or registration receipt for the current year
- Last completed degree
- Curriculum vitae (3 pages max)
- Three recommendation letters (one should be from the academic supervisor)
- Research proposal form to be downloaded from AfWA website.
Deadline: April 15, 2023.
For more information on the AfWA Research Scholarships, visit the official site.