Applications are open for the Africa Health Research Institute and University College London (UCL) MSc Scholarship 2021 – 2022.
This scholarship is a singular award for the UK academic year September 2021 to September 2022. It is funded by UCL’s Global Engagement Office. The scholarship is administered via AHRI and is for applicants whose academic background and interests are aligned with the programmes of research at AHRI.
This opportunity is open to applicants who permanently reside in South Africa. Applicants must have a high-quality academic record to be considered for this opportunity.
Candidates will go through a competitive round of selection at AHRI and the successful candidate will be nominated to go through to the UCL selection. Application for acceptance onto an MSc taught course is separate, and the AHRI nominee will be guided through this process.
The successful candidate’s research project for the MSc is expected to be aligned with the programmes of research at AHRI.
Location: UK & South Africa
Duration: 1 year
The Scholarship includes:
- Full UCL tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend to cover housing and living costs for 50 weeks.
- A round-trip economy airfare to and from the UK.
- National Health Service (NHS) surcharge and Tier 4 visa costs.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Must be permanently based in South Africa at the time of application.
- Must have an Honours degree equivalent to a Bachelor (Honours) degree with Second Class Division 1 Honours or 70%in an appropriate subject.
- Application from women are is especially encouraged.
- Must hold a valid passport at the time of application.
- The successful applicant will need to be in London to start their chosen course in September 2021.
Applicants should complete the AHRI/UCL PhD Studentship Application form in detail and upload the following documents:
- A copy of their academic CV.
- Certified copies of their academic transcripts and original certificates.
- Personal statement.
- Details of two referees.
- The title of the UCL MSc course you wish to study.
Deadline: March 28, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.