Call for cooperation visits to Germany and Africa by researchers in early career phases in the mathematical sciences is currently ongoing.
The Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG, German Research Foundation) and the African Institutes for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) support the beginning of international research collaboration between researchers in early career phases from African countries and researchers at German universities in the mathematical sciences with this call (AIMS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme in the Mathematical Sciences).
The effort aims to acquaint, link, and assist the internationalisation of the larger mathematical sciences research communities in Germany and Africa. Participating scholars can use the initiative to pinpoint shared study areas in the mathematical sciences and launch particular joint project concepts.
Duration: 12 Months
- Under this programme (AIMS-DFG Cooperation Visits), applicants interested in establishing collaborative scientific relations with partners abroad may apply for funding for trips abroad or guest visits.
- However, the funding of scientific workshops can be granted in exceptional cases.
Applicants from Germany visiting an AIMS centre:
- Are researchers who have obtained their doctorates and who are working in the German research system may apply.
- Must be working in the German research system;
- Must fulfil the DFG eligibility requirements;
- Can apply to visit an AIMS center themselves;
- Must submit a letter of invitation from a host researcher at an AIMS center.
Applicants may apply either to undertake a cooperation visit to an AIMS centre themselves or for a fellow from Africa to visit the applicant’s institution.
Deadline: October 31, 2023.
For more information on AIMS-DFG Cooperation Visits Programme in the Mathematical Sciences, visit the official site.