Applications are welcome to the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Rwanda fully funded Doctoral degree scholarship in Data Science 2021.
The new Doctoral Training Program in Data Science (DTP-DS) is established by Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Rwanda in collaboration with top researchers from across the globe.
This doctoral training program will provide emerging African scientists the opportunity to conduct research at the forefront of data science, and work towards a Doctoral degree within a high-quality training program in Africa, in cooperation with institutions internationally.
The program will focus on theoretical foundations of data science as well as applications of data science to improve the daily lives of Africans. It is built on the understanding that modern approaches in data science require a combination of expertise spanning the areas of mathematics, statistics, computer science, and the applied sciences.
The AIMS Doctoral degree scholarship covers:
- tuition fees,
- traveling allowance.
- health insurance,
- relocation costs,
- conference attendance.
To qualify for the AIMS scholarship for Doctoral students, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- They must be national of an African country.
- Their Master’s degree (completed by Sept 2021) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics, or other relevant fields;
- Must qualification for pursuing research on the chosen topic, including relevant programming expertise;
- They should have sufficient theoretical foundations evidenced by prior work (courses/thesis/other training);
- Research potential evidenced by academic performance and involvement in relevant academic activities;
- Motivation for pursuing a Ph.D. by research in the suggested topic;
Interested applicants to the AIMS Doctoral degree program are to submit the following documents
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcripts (both undergraduate and master’s level transcripts.
To apply for the AIMS Doctoral degree program, click here.
Deadline: June 1, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.