Applications are currently ongoing for the fully-funded Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) scholarship for young talents 2021, China.
The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is a non-profit, non-government international organization founded in 2018. Founding members include 37 scientific institutions, universities, and international organizations worldwide.
ANSO aims to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods and wellbeing, and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication.
The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hereinafter referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) was formally launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivation young scientists from all over the world. The Scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 Ph.D. students every year to pursue postgraduate education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), or institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China.
Master’s program: up to 36 months,
Ph.D. program: up to 48 months.
- Tuition waiver
- Health insurance
- Application fee waiver
- Travel subsidy from their home countries to China (one trip per person)
- Monthly stipend:
- Master’s: 3000 RMB/month
- Ph.D.: 6000 or 7000 RMB/month (depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by USTC/UCAS).
Qualified applicants must:
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Be proficient in English or Chinese;
- For master’s program applicants: be born after 1 January 1991 (inclusive);
- For Ph.D. program applicants: be born after 1 January 1986 (inclusive);
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
In order to successfully apply for the ANSO Scholarship, applicants are requested to follow a few key steps that are indicated below:
- Check eligibility criteria,
- Visit ANSO official website for the ANSO Scholarship application portal,
- Finish the online admission application to USTC/UCAS, choose “the Anso scholarship for young talents”.
- File and submit the application in the USTC/UCAS admission with supporting documentation, including but not limited to:
- Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
- Copy of applicants regular passport which has at least 2 years validity;
- Reference letters in the body of e-mails will NOT be accepted!
- Detailed research proposal;
- Two reference letters;
- Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held
- For master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree certificate or official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
- For Ph.D. program applicants: ①Bachelor’s degree certificate. ②Master’s degree certificate or official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
- Photocopies of title pages and abstracts of a maximum of 5 published academic papers (if available);
- Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.