The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) in collaboration with International Science Organizations (ANSO), and The World Academy of Sciences (TWAS/UNESCO) accepts students from Developing countries in the South for its 2023 ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship in China.
The Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) is a non-profit, non-governmental international organization founded in 2018. Founding members include 37 scientific institutions, universities, and international organizations worldwide. ANSO aims to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods, and well-being, and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication.
The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hereinafter referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) was formally launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivating young scientists from all over the world. The ANSO Scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students every year to pursue postgraduate education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), or institutes of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China.
Duration: 4 years
The ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship covers:
- Application fee waiver
- Tuition waiver
- Monthly stipend
- Health insurance
- One-time visa
- International travel allowance from the awardee’s home country to China.
To qualify for the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship, applicants should:
- NOT hold Chinese citizenship;
- Be nationals of eligible developing countries in the South
- Be proficient in English or Chinese;
- Should be born after 1st January 1988 (inclusive);
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS.
Applicants for the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship will be asked to submit the following materials:
- ID Page of Valid Passport
- Full-Face Bust Photo with 2-Inch
- Complete CV with Detail Education and Research Experience
- Original Certificates of Master’s and Bachelor’s Degrees
- Original Transcripts of Master‘s and Bachelor‘s Study
- Proof of knowledge of English/Chinese
- Published Academic Papers
- Motivation Letter with Detailed Research Proposal
- Two Reference Letters
Deadline: February 15, 2023.
For more information, visit the official site.