AREF is calling for applications from scientists who are emerging biomedical/health researchers in specific Sub-Saharan African countries to participate in its Essential Grant Writing Skills Workshop.
The workshop aims to enable talented early-career health- and health-related researchers from underserved countries in Sub-Saharan Africa to develop their own research and fellowship proposals of the quality required to win competitive international, regional, and national funding.
The AREF grant Essential writing workshop Workshop will Prep candidates on how to
- Develop and express their unique research niche
- Formulate their compelling research question
- Understand funders’ requirements
- Write in plain English
- Write the different sections of a proposal
- Plan their proposal project plan and budget
- Manage their collaboration and team
- Understanding and practicing peer review
- Preparing for a Fellowship interview.
The following criteria must be met to qualify for the AREF grant.
- Be a citizen of one of the following countries in Sub-Saharan Africa: Angola, Burundi, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Zambia.
- Hold a research doctorate (PhD/DPhil/MD) from a recognised academic institution within the previous 6 years, OR
- Have a medical/clinical qualification plus a research-relevant Master’s degree awarded within the previous 6 years.
- Have not participated already in equivalent proposal development / grant-writing training.
- His/her current employee role is to develop and conduct health research. And
- Do not already have a significant portfolio of international research grants (Combined value of $300,000 or more).
A complete application to AREF grant must include the following:
- Applicant name
- Current contact details
- Postgraduate Qualifications
- Research experience
- Clinical specialty
- Other professional training
- Grant applications submitted but not funded
- Most significant research publications
- Researchers trained
- Cascading Knowledge and Skills
- Portfolio of research grants
To apply for to AREF Grant, click here
Deadline: August 20, 2021.
For more information and application to AREF Grant, visit the official site.