The African Excellent Research Fund (AREF) calls for applications from outstanding African researchers in and outside Africa to its research development program 2021/22.
African Excellence Research Development Fund (AREF) is a research Development Fellowship (RDF) Programme designed to support African researchers who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa.
The scope of the Programme includes both infectious and non-communicable diseases that are significant and/or identified as “neglected” in Africa.
The RDF Programme enables talented early-career researchers to:
- acquire advanced research skills
- develop and test their own compelling research questions
- develop highly effective mentoring relationships
- grow their potential collaborations
- raise their profile through international networking
Duration: 3 -9 months
The maximum award for AREF fellowship placement is £40,000 (GB Pounds).
The RDP program is awarded to research active
- nationals of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa
- post-doctoral scientists and clinicians who are nationals of and employed in Sub-Saharan Africa who were awarded their doctorate within the last six years; and
- clinicians without a doctorate but who have a Masters degree or a specialist clinical qualification and between three and seven years active research experience.
A complete application must include the following:
- A completed Application Form (Parts A-E) as a PDF.
- A letter of support from the Host Sponsor– a named senior scientist with the authority to sign on the Application Form on the organization’s behalf.
- Two chosen publications to demonstrate the applicant’s career history.
- A letter of support from the Employing Sponsor – a named senior scientist with the authority to sign on the Application Form on the organization’s behalf The Signature Sheet (Part F of the application form), as a PDF, signed by the applicant, sponsors and named administrative authority at both the Host Organisation and Employing Organisation.
- An electronic copy of the candidate’s most recently attained degree certificate, usually the Ph.D. certificate.
To apply to AREF Research Development Fellowships for Africans, click here
Deadline: September 23, 2021.
For more information and application to AREF Research Development Fellowships for Africans, visit the official site.