The call for applications for the academic year 2023-2024 is currently open for ARES Master’s Degrees and Continuing Education Scholarship in Belgium.
The ARES scholarships offer students the opportunity to follow a one-year advanced bachelor’s or master’s degree program or a 2-to-6-month continuing education program within a higher education institution of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation in Belgium.
In order to be eligible for the ARES scholarships, applicants must be national, reside and work in one of the following countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Republic of Guinea (Conakry), Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam and Zimbabwe.
Duration: 1 year
ARES Scholarship in Belgium covers:
- International travel costs
- Living allowance
- Indirect mission costs
- Registration fees
- Insurance costs
In order to qualify for the ARES Scholarship in Belgium, the applicant must:
- Hold a diploma comparable to a graduate level degree (300 credits ECTS) from Belgian university studies for advanced masters and continuing education courses (equivalent to Bac+5);
- The candidate must have held the relevant academic degree for a maximum of 20 years at the time of the start of the course. This maximum period is increased by one year by childbirth and/or adoption.
- Possess relevant professional experience in an ARES partner country of at least two years after graduate studies for advanced bachelor, after postgraduate studies for advanced master and continuing education courses.
- Complete the application in the language in which the training is given and can attest a good written and spoken knowledge of it.
- Moreover, knowing a minimum of French allows for good integration into daily life in Belgium.
- Apply for only one training course.
- ARES encourages applications from women. For equal quality, women will be given preference.
- Quality of the academic curriculum
- The benefit of previous scholarships
- Professional experience
- Membership in a partner institution
- The potential of people to be actors of change in their own society
- Nationality criteria
All applicants are to submit their applications in accordance with the application procedure and meet the eligibility criteria described above.
Deadline: January 27, 2023.
For more information and application to ARES Scholarship in Belgium, visit the official site.