Applications are currently ongoing for Argelander doctoral scholarships for candidates from universities in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
The aim is to provide funding for doctoral candidates from countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia in order to promote scientific exchange with partners, particularly in regions that have been relatively marginalized in terms of scientific production and to promote international cooperation in the priority regions indicated in the partnership strategy. The funding is for a period of at least 3 and not more than 12 months.
This funding line is intended to intensify collaborations between scientists in Bonn and their partners in the above-mentioned regions and expand such collaborations with respect to the promotion of early-career researchers.
The Argelander Doctoral Scholarships cover the following:
- A travel allowance (depending on country of origin)
- A scholarship of €1,500 per month
- Additional funds for accompanying family members: up to €300 for a spouse and €250 per child
- A research expense allowance of up to €300 per month
Preference is given to international doctoral candidates pursuing a doctoral degree at a university or a research institute in Africa, Latin America or Asia.
Application for Argelander Doctoral Scholarships application include:
- CV and motivational letter of the doctoral candidate (PDF)
- A financing plan
- Online form
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the research project to be worked on during the person’s stay in Bonn;
please write your proposal for a multidisciplinary audience
- Reasons for the host to invite the doctoral candidate
- An outline of how the doctoral candidate will be integrated at the host institute (place of work, participation in the institute’s teaching and research activities), and
- An outline of how the project will be supervised in Bonn
- Justification by the home university regarding the academic goal of the research stay in Bonn
- Information on the current status of the doctorate and the planned completion of the doctorate in the home country
To apply, click here.
Deadline: May 03, 2023.
For more information on Argelander Doctoral Scholarships, visit the official site.