The Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA), in collaboration with ARNOVA, CODESRIA, and UCAD, is happy to announce the Emerging African Scholars PhD Workshop, in support of the Ford Foundation.
The AROCSA PhD Workshop is a full-day professional development and intellectually engaging workshop. The seminar seeks to provide guidance for emerging scholars on the path to a successful career, help sharpen their research skills and address the challenges that African PhD students face. The GOAL is to provide scholarly research support, professional advice and mentoring for doctoral students in the field of nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies.
The AROCSA Emerging African Scholars’ PhD Workshop is open to doctoral students from Africa whose research focus is on nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship and voluntary action studies in Africa. Students at the various under-listed stages in their doctoral program are encouraged to apply, Students who have:
- defended a dissertation proposal
- not yet defended a dissertation proposal
- not yet fully form their dissertation plans
Selection of candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- Potential quality and impact of proposed research
- Centrality of the work to philanthropy, nonprofit management, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies in Africa.
- Potential for the student to gain from the workshop
Applicants are required to apply for the AROCSA Emerging African Scholars’ PhD Workshop through the electronic application on the AROCSA website. Applications must include the following:
- 5-page description of dissertation research or proposed research outline
- Brief Statement of Purpose, outlining how the student expects to benefit from participation in the Virtual PhD Workshop
- Recommendation from student’s dissertation advisor/faculty advisor
To apply for the AROCSA Emerging African Scholars’ PhD Worksho, click here.
Deadline: June 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.