The High Business Entrepreneurship in the Netherlands invites scholars with a research focus on the technical and socio-economic aspects of Security, Risk, and Resilience Management, to apply for the above-stated position.
The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social sciences (BMS) aim to impact the business and public sectors by conducting cross-disciplinary research through our ground-breaking research and novel education programs. They combine various themes such as smart industry, supply chain management, transportation, and logistics management, innovation management, healthcare operations, technology-based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, cyber security, financial engineering, HRM, organizational change, and leadership.
Duration: 1 Year
Candidates will contribute to research, teaching, and knowledge valorisation, they will :
- carry out risk and security research, with a genuine interest in operating at the crossroads of management sciences and technology;
- improve home-based specific expertise and develop an interdisciplinary research line;
- build the research ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding);
- (co-)teach, develop, and coordinate courses in the Bachelor and Master programs of Business & IT and International Business Administration;
- guide students from these programs in their graduation assignments;
- develop expertise in novel data-driven research methods and work jointly with BMS lab (a lab that develops expertise in using industrial and behavioral research datasets for research);
- supervise PhD students.
The Assistant / Associate Professor Digital Risk Security and Resilience offer:
- The starting salary, depending on experience, ranges between € 3.974 to € 6.702 gross per month
- 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus,
- solid pension scheme,
- sabbatical leave,
- professional and personal development programmes.
Assistant / Associate Professor Digital Risk Security and Resilience seeks candidates with:
- show vision and ambitious drive (seeing opportunities and possibilities, showing ambition);
- have knowledge of and experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis of security, risk, and resilience with applications to business domains;
- hold a PhD degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field and have experience in research, which is proven by publications in reputable academic journals, presentations in international scientific conferences, and other academic activities;
- conduct (fundamental and applied) research within a multidisciplinary environment;
- are active in networks for acquiring research funding, and have demonstrable experience in working closely with companies and government agencies;
- show situational leadership while collaborating in past research projects or in supervising PhD students;
- have teaching experience (both lecturing and tutoring) at an internationally accredited university;
- possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- possess a (equivalent of) University Teaching Qualification certificate, or be willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.
- A cover letter, including a brief qualifications and motivation to apply for this position;
- A full Curriculum Vitae, including the title of their dissertation and contact information for at least two academic references;
- A publication list.
To apply for Assistant / Associate Professor Digital Risk Security and Resilience, click here
Deadline: February 28, 2023.
For more information on Assistant / Associate Professor Digital Risk Security and Resilience, visit the official site.