The Computer Science department of the University of Twente is expanding. Therefore, they are hiring new faculty members, to strengthen their research in Artificial Intelligence, Cyberphysical systems and Software Engineering in the domains of e-Health and energy and sustainability.
The current way how healthcare is organized is no longer sustainable. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Remote Monitoring (RM) are key enabling technologies for a more sustainable and personalized care. E-health calls for system integration: sensor-based collection and interpretation of data about the condition and circumstances of patients, the integration of health data from different organizations in the care chain, and the Machine Learning based analysis of this data with AI for (real-time) clinical decision making (diagnostics and interventions).
For this position, the department looking for a multi-disciplinary researcher and teacher on technology for holistic remote (multi) sensor-based monitoring and/or artificial intelligence for decision making, for whom collaboration is a second nature.
Duration: formally a 1-year contract with prospect of permanent contract
- A gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 3974,- (scale 11) to € 7.362,- (scale 14) gross per month.
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme;
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid);
- A solid pension scheme.
- Free access
- Candidates will have a training program as part of the Twente Graduate School where they and their supervisors will determine a proper education and supervision plan.
The Assistant/Associate Professor Machine Learning and Ai in E-Health seeks applicants who have:
- A strong interest and have shown ability to collaborate in an academic, multidisciplinary environment;
- A PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline;
- Shown a willingness to acquire external funding and are prepared to expand your skills in this aspect;
- good communication skills and are a team player;
- Are fluent in English (knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage);
- A University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent or you are willing to acquire one within three years.
Applicants are to send their application via the apply button below and include the following:
- a curriculum vitae (including, list of publications, research and teaching statement);
- a cover letter describing heir motivation and qualifications for the position.
- 2 or 3 of heir publications which hey deem most relevant to this vacancy.
To apply Assistant/Associate Professor Machine Learning and Ai in E-Health, click here.
Deadline: April 14, 2023.
For more information on Assistant/Associate Professor Machine Learning and Ai in E-Health, visit the official site.