The Faculty of Science and the Mathematical Institute is looking for an Assistant or Associate professor in Algebra, Geometry, and Number Theory.
The Mathematical Institute of Leiden University is looking for a talented mathematician for an assistant professorship within the Algebra, Geometry, and Number Theory group. This professorship can also be filled at the associate level, depending on the qualifications of the candidate. We are looking for the most talented individuals, with a strong track record in developing original lines of research. Candidates that are currently underrepresented in the field are explicitly invited to apply.
Starting Date: The intended starting date for the position is September 1, 2023, but this is flexible.
As an Assistant or Associate professor in Algebra, Geometry, and Number Theory, the candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Be an active and inspiring advisor for bachelor’s and master’s students and PhD candidates;
- Continue to develop original lines of research;
- Aim to acquire external funding;
- Be an inspiring teacher and be actively involved in developing the teaching curriculum;
- Contribute to the administrative tasks of the institute.
The Assistant or Associate professor position in Algebra, Geometry, and Number Theory offers:
- A gross monthly salary at the assistant professor level is between € 3,974.- and € 6,181.- and at the associate professor level between € 5,506.- and € 7,362.- depending on your qualifications and experience.
- 8% holiday allowance and the 8,3% year-end allowance;
- For international spouses, Leiden has set up a dual career programme.
- Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
To be eligible as an assistant professor within the Algebra, Geometry, and Number Theory group of Leiden university, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A PhD in algebra, geometry, or number theory;
- A high potential as a future leader;
- Good command of the English language;
- A track record in academic research, as evidenced by publications in high-rank journals;
- A track record as an inspiring teacher with good communication skills.
The application must contain:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- brief research plan
- list of publications
- teaching statement
- three reference letters
To apply for Assistant or Associate professor in Algebra, Geometry, and Number Theory, click here.
Application Deadline: December 01, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.