The Department of Applied Mathematics seeks for an Assistant or Associate Professor in Optimization and Learning within Operations Research, Twente University in the Netherlands.
They seek the most talented individual to strengthen their department with a particular focus on mathematical methods for Markov decision theory and reinforcement learning. candidates will work on applications in healthcare optimization, but also expand the current strengths of the department in new directions. The position is embedded in both the Operations Research team of Applied Mathematics and the Center for Healthcare Operations Improvement and Research (CHOIR)
As an Assistant/Associate Professor
- He/she will develop hi/her own identity as a mathematician.
- He/she is actively involved in teaching and contribute to the development of Twente curriculum;
The terms of employment Twente are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- A starting salary from € 3.746 (scale 11) to € 6.940 (scale 14) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A solid pension scheme.
To qualify for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor, applicants must meet the following requirement:
- hold a PhD in Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Econometrics, or a closely related field;
- have an existing track record in research in one of the relevant areas, shown by publications in high-rank journals, or otherwise strong evidence of high research potential;
- have good communication skills and are an inspiring teacher;
- excellent command of the English Language;
- have acquired (an equivalent of) the Dutch University Teaching Qualification (UTQ) or are willing to do so.
The application should include:
- curriculum vitae,
- a list of publications;
- research and teaching statement; and
- contact detail of 2 referees.
To apply for this Job position, click here
Deadline: June 13, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.