The department of Neuromechanical Engineering, at Twente University, is looking for someone who is capable of merging artificial intelligence with biomechanical modeling to carry out predictive simulations of biological tissue adaptation, human movement, or human-robot physical interaction.
They are interested in a person who is passionate about the development of in silico trials for designing (in simulation) optimal interventions for a wide range of applications ranging from rehabilitation to performance training.
The successful candidate will, however, join the growing Chair of Neuromechanical Engineering, within which we bring forward our passion to understand human movement, neuromuscular impairment as well as how assistive robots can interact with humans to restore physiological motor function.
Duration: 1 year
The candidate for the Assistant Professor position of Artificial Intelligence in Biomechanics and Robotics is expected;
- to participate in teaching,
- supervise students in their graduation assignments, and
- contribute to the supervision of PhD candidates.
- A gross salary between € 3.974,- and € 6.181,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications;
- Attractive employment conditions include a 30% tax ruling, 8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, and professional and personal development programs.
- Professional and personal development programs.
- Well-equipped labs with professional lab technicians, like the Neuromechanics, Surgical Robotics, and Wearable Robotics labs.
- Technical support staff for your research.
- A start-up package that includes funding for the recruitment of 1 PhD to help kickstart their research.
- Possibilities to collaborate with nearby companies and clinical institutions.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
To be eligible for the Assistant Professor of Artificial Intelligence in Biomechanic and Robotics position, applicants must have:
- PhD degree and expertise in a field relevant to the position.
- Ability to define and pursue your own research direction, evidenced by their track record in publications, grant acquisition, and recommendations.
- Experience in writing research proposals and obtaining external funding.
- Ability to collaborate in research, educational and organizational projects.
- Experience and passion in machine learning for biomechanical problems, programming in object-oriented languages, and open-source coding projects.
- Passion for teaching and a University Teaching Qualification for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this within 2 years after appointment.
- Ability to supervise, train, and support early career researchers.
- Excellent communication skills and command of English.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
The following documents are required to apply for Assistant Professor of Artificial Intelligence in Biomechanic and Robotics:
- A CV including English proficiency level, nationality, visa requirements, date of birth, experience overview, and publication list.
- A video (2-minute max) describing their scientific interests and why they are applying for this position.
- A cover letter (1-page max) specifying how their experience and skills match the position as well as summarizing their scientific work.
- Contact information for at least three academic references.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.