The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, and Computer Science (EEMCS) invites applications for Assistant Professors in Human Media Interaction / Creative Technology.
HMI is a multidisciplinary group in which computer science meets social sciences and the humanities to investigate, design, and evaluate novel forms of human-computer interaction.
In order to develop more talent in the engineering domains, the University of Twente has built a partnership with VU Amsterdam in order to, offer bachelor and master programs from the University of Twente together with VU Amsterdam at the location of VU Amsterdam. One of those programmes is Creative Technology. Working in this context means that candidates will be part of a unique collaboration that doubles their opportunities. Come work for two universities that together train broadly developed technical talent. At the cutting edge of every conceivable science, they will work towards a resilient, sustainable, digital society.
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Depending on relevant background and experience, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 3974 to € 6181, gross per month.
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment is based on a formal workweek of 38 hours.
- A solid pension scheme.
- UT is a family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners.
- Furthermore, they offer excellent professional and personal development programs.
- Finally, you will work in a lively, inspiring, and dynamic working environment in an organization focusing on internationalization, where you will have a high degree of responsibility and independence.
The position of Assistant Professor of Human Media Interaction / Creative Technology seeks applicants who:
- have a PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Cognitive Science, or likewise;
- have a passion for teaching and the ambition to become a creative technology teacher;
- are capable of strengthening the HMI group;
- have strong abilities for high-quality research;
- are effective in acquiring external funding,
- are fluent in English (knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage);
- have a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent or you are willing to acquire one within three years.
To apply for the position of Assistant Professor in Human Media Interaction / Creative Technology, please submit the following information:
- curriculum vitae (including, list of publications, research, and teaching statement);
- cover letters in which they describe their motivation and qualifications for the position.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.