The Department of Advanced Computing Sciences, Maastricht University invites applications for an assistant professor position in computer science, focused on natural language processing (NLP).
The position is open to all areas of NLP. The school is particularly interested in candidates who have expertise in applying NLP in areas such as human-machine interaction, cognitive and social robotics, decision making, text mining, dialogue and communicative systems, automated argumentation, question answering, and machine translation, information extraction, and NLP for social goods.
As an assistant professor, the candidate will undertake cutting-edge research in an academic environment that is intellectually stimulating, welcoming, and collaborative. He/she will also contribute to Maastricht’s top-rated education, which is integrated with ongoing research in the department.
Duration: 18 months.
- Conduct leading research in your field of expertise;
- Teach courses at the bachelor’s and master’s level (in English);
- Supervise students at all levels (BSc, MSc, PhD);
- Network and collaborate with internal and external research partners;
- Apply for research funding on a national and European level.
- A competitive salary with a minimum of € 3,974 and a maximum of € 6,181 per month
- An annual holiday allowance (8% of annual income) and an annual end-of-year bonus (8.3% of annual income).
- For those moving to Maastricht from more than 40 kilometers away, they may qualify for a one-time reimbursement of their relocation costs
Applicants for Assistant Professor in Computer Science with a focus on Natural Language Processing should meet the following criteria:
- A PhD degree in computer science, computational linguistics, machine learning, applied mathematics, engineering, or a strongly related field;
- At least 1-year of working experience in an academic environment post-PhD;
- A track record in research and teaching
- Experience with applying for research funding;
- Experience with guiding Bachelor/Master/PhD students;
- Fluent mastery of the English language;
- A personality characterized by team spirit, ambition, and vision;
- A keenness to build bridges between disciplines and to work in an interdisciplinary environment.
Qualified applicants are requested to send;
- A motivation letter
To apply for Assistant Professor in Computer Science with a focus on Natural Language Processing, click here.
Application Deadline: October 02, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.