The Department of Design, Production, and Management (DPM) of the Faculty of Engineering Technology invites application for the above-stated position (an enthusiastic assistant professor) who is passionate about education in sustainable products and energy systems, as well as multidisciplinary design-driven energy research.
In the Sustainable Products and Energy Systems (SPES) group of DPM, multidisciplinary design-driven research and education are focused on the optimal use and integration of sustainable energy technologies in products, buildings, and local infrastructures. Designs of sustainable energy systems are developed, analyzed, and improved by means of simulation, prototyping, and testing of real applications. A strong interest exists in optimized applications of solar energy technologies in buildings and mobility as well as hybrid energy systems with storage, that support enhanced user interactions and acceptance, the flexibility of energy systems, low costs, and reduced environmental impacts.
In this position, candidates are responsible for collaborative research tasks in multidisciplinary research projects of SPES with colleagues at DPM, UT, FPC, and external academic and industrial partners. Research project topics could be smart energy systems, solar photovoltaics, sustainable mobility, and circular society.
They are responsible for the execution and improvement of teaching in the following international Bachelor and Master programs: Industrial Design Engineering, Sustainable Energy Technology, and Mechanical Engineering. This will include supervision of students at the Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. level and teaching of courses, e.g. on sustainable design, solar energy, and building-integrated energy systems.
- A full-time position with a gross salary between € 3.746,-€ 5.826,- per month, depending on experience and qualifications;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Professional and personal development programs.
- A doctoral degree related to design engineering, multidisciplinary energy research, and/or data analytics of solar energy, distributed energy systems, and storage;
- Recent and relevant publications in the topic areas of the job description;
- Experience with collaborative projects with academics and industry, and working in international environments;
- A clear communicator and team player with excellent interpersonal skills. have shown experience with and enthusiasm for undertaking collaborative projects with a high degree of responsibility and independence;
- Communication skills in English are excellent. Mastering the Dutch language is not a prerequisite but should be a goal from the beginning;
- Experience with Life Cycle Analysis;
- Have a passion for teaching and hold a University Teaching Qualification for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this;
- Experience with acquisition and proposal writing;
- Experience in online/distance learning modes of education;
- Excellence in working with data, platforms/languages (e.g. Python, C++, etc.), and CAD software (e.g. Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, etc.).
- letter of motivation
- A full curriculum vitae, including a list of publications
- Letters of recommendation or contact information of 2 references
Application Deadline: March 14, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.