The Faculty of Humanities at Utrecht University welcomes applications for the Assistant Professor position in Economics and Social History.
The position involves 70% teaching and 30% research. The Assistant Professor will be involved in high-quality teaching and supervision tasks within the regular programs as offered by the Department of History, on BA, MA, and RMA level in a broad range of courses, possibly extending beyond the specific field of Economic and Social History. He/she is expected to further develop his/her research agenda within the field of Economic and Social History, aiming for publications in leading journals, with a potential for attracting/securing research funding.
Start Date: July 1, 2022.
- The gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience – ranges between €3,746 and €5,127.
- 8% holiday allowance and the 8,3% year-end allowance.
- Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave and flexible employment conditions.
The successful candidate will have a:
- PhD in economic and social history or a related discipline;
- firm grounding in economic and social history, evidenced by a strong publication profile and ample teaching experience;
- focus on innovative research within the field of economic and social history, and preferably experience with internationally comparative research, in long-term perspective;
- demonstrated interest in the historical study of sustainability, such as the use of energy, or the (over)exploitation of natural resources;
- demonstrable experience with teaching students to engage with contemporary social and economic problems in a historical perspective.
The school welcomes employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. Please attach the following documents for applications;
- curriculum vitae, including a letter of motivation;
- a statement of research (maximum of 1 page);
- a copy of a key publication;
- two course evaluations;
- names and contact details of two referees.
To apply for Assistant Professor in Economics and Social History, click here.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.