The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has a vacancy for an assistant professor in the Formal System Analysis (FSA) group, Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands.
The Formal System Analysis Group studies formal techniques to model and analyzes software and hardware systems. The goal of the FSA group is to develop theories and techniques that are both mathematically elegant and effective in practice. Examples of this include term rewriting, modal logics, process algebras, parity games, SAT and SMT solving, and symbolic state-space representations. The group maintains the well-known mCRL2 toolset, which is used in major industries and institutes, generally as a verification backend. The group has strong ties with industrial partners and actively applies its methods in industrial contexts.
In the context of this vacancy, the candidate is expected to:
- Have an excellent research record in the field of Formal Methods and a strong desire to advance the state-of-the-art in formal software and hardware development.
- Teach courses related to Software Modeling, Formal Methods, Automated Reasoning, and basic courses in a Computer Science curriculum.
- Acquire and coordinate research projects.
- Actively strengthen the industrial and international collaborations of the group.
- Contribute to the research and teaching vision of the group, the department and the university.
- They will have free access to high-quality training programs on general skills, didactics and topics related to research and valorization.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits, including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes.
- Family-friendly initiatives are in place, such as the Dual Career Opportunity program to support accompanying partners, an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children daycare and sports facilities.
For the Assistant Professor in Formal System Analysis position, the group is keen on hiring a candidate that matches the following profile:
- PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field with clear indicators of international recognition such as publications, awards, PC memberships, invited talks, etc.
- Affinity with the field of Formal Methods and a clear drive to contribute to its scientific advancement, as well as its application in the domain of software/hardware.
- Experience in executing and/or obtaining externally funded research projects from (inter)national funding agencies and/or industry.
- Experience in supervising PhD and/or master students as main/daily supervisor.
- Didactic skills and teaching experience, a vision on education, and the willingness to obtain a University Teaching Qualification.
- Excellent communication, organization and collaboration skills.
Interested applicants are to fill in the application form below. The application should include a:
- Cover letter in which describing the motivation and qualifications for the position.
- Curriculum vitae, including publications list highlighting five self-selected ‘best publications.
- Description of hi/her scientific interests and plans (preferably at most 1 page).
- Statement of hi/her teaching goals and experience (preferably at most 1 page).
- 2 names of referees which are allowed to contact.
To apply for Assistant Professor in Formal System Analysis, click here.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.