The Department of Media and Culture Studies (MCW) at Utrecht University in Amsterdam welcomes application from an Assistant Professor with a Gender Studies & Critical Theory profile.
Here, the candidate is expected to bring broad expertise and combine experience in teaching and research in the fields of transdisciplinary feminist and critical theory with a special focus on queer and trans studies. Utrecht welcome applications with additional areas of specialization in, among others, critical race theory, postcolonial theory, the Global South, indigenous studies, media studies, and critical-theoretical approaches to questions of diversity, inclusion, and belonging from an intersectional perspective.
They also appreciate candidates with a demonstrable motivation to teach, who have a flexible attitude, are willing to work inter and cross-disciplinary with colleagues in the department, and who possess a proven commitment and talent for research.
Duration: 2 years
Start Date: August 1, 2021
As a tenured Assistant Professor, he/she will teach in the Graduate Gender Programme Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Research external link Master’s curricula external link, Minors external link and Postcolonial Studies external links.
The candidate’s research adds to the Graduate Gender programme that consists of the following four thematic strands:
- Cultural Critique
2. Colonial Legacies-Postcolonial Formations
3. Crossing/Contesting Boundaries
4. Critical Epistemologies
- A gross salary between €3,746 and €5,190
- An attractive retirement scheme,
- Partly paid parental leave and flexible employment conditions
- End of the year bonus and holiday bonus
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- experience in teaching at Bachelor’s and (Research) Master’s level and with student supervision;
- commitment to inclusive education;
- considerable research output, evidence of which include a finished PhD and publications at an internationally recognized level;
- experience with or good prospects for acquiring external funding;
- excellent communication skills, strength in interpersonal relationships and in being a team player;
- broad organizational awareness;
- basic Teaching Qualification
- fluency in both written and spoken English
Interested applicants are welcome to apply for this position. The application should include:
- a curriculum vitae including a full list of publications;
- a letter of motivation (detailing how the candidate fulfills the requirements of the position as described above);
- certified copies of relevant diplomas, names, and contact details of three (academic) referees.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.