The Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET), University of Twente invites applications for an Assistant Professor who is specialized in the cross/multi-disciplinary field of Humanitarian Engineering.
The University of Twente wants to create a team on Humanitarian Engineering (HE) with the aim to offer an MSc programme of 120 EC in 2024 and to spark new research lines on Ending poverty and promoting human development. The programme results in HE academic professionals that can research, design, organize and manage structural or incidental interventions towards innovations to overcome resource limitations. Through structured problem analysis methods and explicit involvement of the stakeholders, they use local contextual awareness to find and adapt technical solutions to suit local needs.
Due to the composition of their team, they prefer candidates with experience and affinity to tailoring technical solutions to fulfill the needs of vulnerable communities in developed and developing countries. Candidates with expertise in education sciences/educational design are encouraged to apply!
Location: Drienerlolaan 5 Enschede, Netherlands
As an Assistant Professor, the candidate will:
- carry out innovative research and translate academic research results into engineering practice;
- be active in networks for acquiring research funding for junior researchers be ambitious and have experience in working with companies and government agencies;
- take part in the teaching tasks for courses in the new master’s program of humanitarian engineering and in the bachelor’s and master’s courses in industrial design and mechanical engineering.
- publish papers in international refereed journals and coach junior researchers in doing so;
- supervising bachelor and master final-year assignments;
- contribute towards the supervision of junior researchers.
- The starting salary, depending on experience, range from € 3.974,- to € 6.181,- gross.
- A minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours.
- The University also offers additional attractive employment conditions (solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, and professional and personal development programs).
- The school provides a program that will help a candidate not yet qualified for teaching at universities (University Teaching Qualification, UTQ).
They seek candidates with
- A PhD degree in a relevant technical/business/social science field, or related disciple with a strong affiliation to Humanitarian Engineering Aspects;
- Experience in, or affinity with, designing/integrating appropriate engineering solutions for water, energy, and healthcare, problems;
- State-of-the-art knowledge in the humanitarian engineering field;
- A passion for teaching and good coaching skills (BSc and MSc students);
- Good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- good publication record;
- The ability to collaborate with consultants, humanitarian engineering experts, funding institutes/bodies, and governments (both national as well as international) on recent developments;
- Soft competencies, including developing and using tools for engaging.
Interested applicants can apply for this position with the following documents
- a presentation videos of 5 min
- motivation letter, CV
- full publication list and two references
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.